The Alberta Elder Abuse Awareness Council is a group of Albertans dedicated to increasing awareness and supporting a community response to elder abuse. The AEAAC was first formed in 2002, since that time we have undergone a name change, developed a new logo, developed resources, hosted several learning events, and became a non-profit society. Our history page can share the full scope of council work. What has never changed in that time is our dedication to raising awareness and addressing elder abuse.
AEAAC Our Story- 20 years in 2022
Canada’s fastest growing population is over the age of 65 and rapidly becoming vulnerable to abuse that can rob older adults of their well-being and dignity.
● A province-wide network of professionals
● Representing communities across Alberta
● Promoting the well-being and security of older adults
● Working to increase community awareness
● Developing resources to address and educate about elder abuse
Interested in becoming a member? Please visit our Membership page.
If you are concerned about a loved one or someone in your community, please click here to find the closest agency to contact for help.