Date: May 1 – 2, 2018
Location: River Cree Resort and Casino - Enoch, Alberta
The FACE IT: Elder Abuse Happens – Community of Practice, Taking Action Conference is a two-day event which provides a unique opportunities for sponsors to engage with professionals in the fields of health services, police services, social services and government.
The 2018 FACE IT: Elder Abuse Happens – Community of Practice, Taking Action Planning Committee invites submissions from individuals and organizations interested in presenting at the conference. The Committee’s vision for the FACE IT: Elder Abuse Happens – Community of Practice, Taking Action conference is sharing promising practices and taking action to move forward.
This vision should be reflected in your topic/presentation for the conference. During the selection process, preference will be given to presentations using one or more of the following topics:
- Best practices for raising awareness (i.e. campaigns, projects, events, etc.)
- Enhancement of skills and tools (i.e. safety planning, assessment, strategies for intervention, coordinated community response, etc.)
- Rural initiatives (i.e. sharing of best practices/approaches, etc.)
- Special interest topics: (i.e. LGBQT, working with those who have dementia, mental health of seniors, ethno-cultural approaches, those who use abusive behavior, etc.)
- Legislation/Protective Laws: (i.e. Landlord and Tenant Act, Power of Attorney, Criminal Code, legislation in other jurisdictions, etc.)
All presentations must be delivered in blocks of 60 minutes including at least 10 minutes question time, maximum 70 minutes per session. Past participants have indicated a desire for in-depth, practical information that will enable them to go back to their communities with new information and new/different ways of doing things.
On your application form please identify three learning objectives for your presentation.
Speakers may not use these sessions to sell a product or service; they must be educational in nature.
All rooms will be equipped with a laptop and LCD projector for presentations.
Speakers are responsible for their own print hand outs should they wish to provide them.
Please complete the Presenter Information Form and attach the following:
- Presentation Description: a description of your presentation in sufficient detail to allow for evaluation of the content. Maximum up to 200 words.
- References: Provide a list of recent speaking engagements/video links and a minimum of 2 references.
- Speaker Bio: a short (maximum 150 words) summary biography for each speaker.
- Please limit your session to a maximum of three presenters.
Selection of Speaker and Presentation
The Conference Planning Committee will determine the selection of speaker(s) and presentation(s). Successful applicants will be contacted by end of November 2017.
Submission deadline is November 27, 2017
If you have any questions, please contact:
Janet Schimmel - 403-809-3508